Remember me what's this?

Au Pair Visa Requirements for Australia


All visa requirements for au pairs and nannies change on a regular basis for every country. Please note it is YOUR responsibility to check the most up-to-date information on government websites. Thank you!

Australia does not have an official Au Pair programme. Therefore, in order to work in Australia as an au pair there is the Working Holiday Program and the Work and Holiday Program which allow a person aged 18-30 to go to Australia and work for 12 months on a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) or a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462).

In order to go to Australia under the Working Holiday Program, an au pair must be a national of one of the following countries: Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or the United Kingdom.

The Australian Work and Holiday Program is available for aupairs from the following countries: Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA.

Information on visas in:
Austria / Belgium / Canada / Denmark / France / Germany / Ireland / Italy / Netherlands / New Zealand / Norway / Spain / Sweden / Switzerland / UK / US

For Au Pairs
Find My Perfect Family
1. Register as an Au Pair
2. Search Au Pair Jobs
3. Create Favourites List
4. Make Contact
Click here to view an example Family profile
Advice For Au Pairs
- Au Pair Books
- Which Country
- Au Pair Visas
- Au Pair Salary Guide
- Country Information
- Your Safety
- New Au Pair Home
Comments From Au Pairs
An Au Pair Says...
"I was successful in finding a family in a short time. Thank you!"
- Dalia S,
United Kingdom